We used a clean bucket to mix the powdery mix with water.
The first batch was too thick, which made it challenging to apply.
After adding a bit more water and the grout spread more easily.
The grout began to firm up after 10 - 15 minutes.
(I literally sat there watching the grout dry. I was so excited to start wiping the walls down:)
We used the wrong sponge at first. The big sponge was pulling a lot of the grout out. Mike made a quick run back to Home Depot and picked up a couple of sponges with a smoother finish. Having two sponges was actually a big help. Mike was able to wipe the walls with one, while I rinsed the other. It made for a quicker finish time for this part of the process.
After wiping the tile with the sponge, a slight haze was left on the tile. The directions for the grout recommended waiting a couple of hours before buffing the haze away. We waited overnight and had no problem scrubbing the residue off this morning. And, here's the finished result:
I love the way it turned out.