Grilled Chicken and Crawfish Gravy
4 chicken boneless skinless breasts
Tony Cachere's Seasoning
3 tbs butter
3 tbs minced onion
2 tbs parsley flakes
2 tbs minced garlic
3 stalks of celery
3 tbs flour
1 cup of milk
2 tbs white wine
1 16 oz pkg crawfish tails
(I made it up, so no nutrition info. )
1. Split chicken breasts and sprinkle with Tony Cachere's cajun seasoning. Grill the breasts.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter. Add onion, parsley, garlic, celery, salt, and cayene pepper. Cook veggies on medium heat until slightly browned and tender. (7 - 9 minutes)
3. Add flour to skillet and cook for 1 -2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Slowly add milk, black pepper, and wine. The gravy will begin to thicken.
5. Add crawfish tails. Let simmer for 3 - 5 minutes.
I ladled the crawfish gravy over the grilled chicken and served with mashed potatoes. It was, oh, so yummy! For me, this was a week night meal, which is why I used the dried onion, garlic, and parsley (it was quick and easy). If you were trying it on the weekend, you could always take the time to chop fresh ingredients. Either way, I hope you like it.