Tuesday, May 7, 2013

#TasteofHome: Grilled Chicken with Crawfish Gravy

When I started this blog, I never thought I would be blogging about food (I am definitely not a cook... but I do love to try.)  Here lately, I have been dabbling with crawfish and shrimp.  Now, I am not sure if it is because it is Spring (crawfish season) or if my body is actually missing a nutrient (I haven't stopped to Google what that nutrient might be), but the crawfish signs peppering the roadside seem to be calling my name this year!!!  And inspired by the new kitchen updates, I am in the mood to whip up a meal or two.  I have been piddling around with a few recipes and came up with something I thought was worth sharing and a new theme for blog posts.  So here it is, the debut of #TasteofHome Tuesday featuring:

Grilled Chicken and Crawfish Gravy

4 chicken boneless skinless breasts
Tony Cachere's Seasoning

3 tbs butter
3 tbs minced onion
2 tbs parsley flakes
2 tbs minced garlic
3 stalks of celery
salt
cayene pepper
3 tbs flour
1 cup of milk
black pepper
2 tbs white wine
1 16 oz pkg crawfish tails
 (I made it up, so no nutrition info.  )

1.  Split chicken breasts and sprinkle with Tony Cachere's cajun seasoning.  Grill the breasts.
2.  In a large skillet, melt butter.  Add onion, parsley, garlic, celery, salt, and cayene pepper.  Cook veggies on medium heat until slightly browned and tender. (7 - 9 minutes)
3.  Add flour to skillet and cook for 1 -2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4.  Slowly add milk, black pepper, and wine.  The gravy will begin to thicken.
5.  Add crawfish tails.  Let simmer for 3 - 5 minutes.

I ladled the crawfish gravy over the grilled chicken and served with mashed potatoes.  It was, oh, so yummy!  For me, this was a week night meal, which is why I used the dried onion, garlic, and parsley (it was quick and easy).  If you were trying it on the weekend, you could always take the time to chop fresh ingredients.  Either way, I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment