Monday, May 20, 2013

My House Monday: Letting My Little Light Shine

I made it...just barely...in time for #MyHouseMonday, a totally self-imposed deadline for at least one weekly project.  I am ashamed to say, I have pushed the deadline with only 2 hours to spare (we started at 8ish)!  This week's (and a bit of the last few weeks') dilemma has been deciding which light fixture to hang above the kitchen table.  Okay, that sounds ReALly shallow and in truth, that hasn't been the only dilemma at the house.  We have had a rough couple of weeks around here, but working on the house has proved to be a nice escape.  In fact, I got up extra early this Monday morning before reporting to work at 7:30am just so I could swing by Home Depot.  (I can't seem to help myself!  I love that store.)  Back to the lighting...
I thought I wanted rustic.  Definitely cottage.  Hinting at coastal.  I looked high and low.  And I actually purchased three different lights.  Then...I went with something totally different.  
Shiny? Yes!  Sparkly?  Of course!  I feel a bit like Dori in Finding Nemo.  It is so freshly hung that it doesn't even have all of its bulbs yet.  But I love it!
It is coming together.  Slowly, but surely, I am making progress.
Somewhere along the way I have moved a bit away from the inspiration picture and started just filling it with stuff that inspires me. (Lots of dishes!)
I am mixing it all together to create a room I want to be in and since I am hanging out in the kitchen more, I find myself cooking more...much to Mike's delight:)
Okay, I now realize I could center the rosemary and pick up my keys before snapping a picture next time, 
but other than that, I think I am almost done with this end of the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment