Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Dreamy Closet Spaces

It's official!  It is time for a closet re-do.  Right now, I am in the" thinking stage" of actually cleaning out the closet and transforming it into something worthy of a feature spread in my favorite magazine a functioning space, but I am thinking:)  I feel so claustrophobic every time I walk into my tiny closet.  To say it is a "walk-in" is stretching it I think, but technically I have to take 2 steps to reach the back clothes bar.  So, is that the legal definition of a "walk-in"?  Either way, it is shoved full of stuff from floor to ceiling.  Most days, I have to kick the shoes away from the door just to get it to close (and many days I just leave the cluttered space wide open, because I don't take the time to move the kicks!  Grrr!) What should an organized closet look like?
Via
Okay, to aspire to this is a bit unfair to my 4' x 6' space, but I love the floor to ceiling storage and the gorgeous chandelier.
Via
This seems a bit more realistic.  The storage system takes full advantage of the entire space and while the closet does seem packed, the doors do appear to be able to close.  Already better than mine right now!
Via
While I think this is absolutely beautiful with its intricate mouldings and elegant lighting, there is absolutely no way that I could ever, ever, ever have open shelving and have it look like this, but it is so fun to dream.  And since I am dreaming...
Via 
  I could go ahead and empty out my bedroom to create this space, but then I would need to go shopping just to fill it up and I would have no place to sleep at night!  Back to reality...I need a space to store sweaters and tees, bins for my top shelf, and a place to hang necklaces.  It would be nice if the finished space had a bit of pizzazz, but it will be a BIG improvement just to be able to shut the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment