Sunday, April 28, 2013

Funky and Fun: The Texas Avenue Makers Fair

This weekend was the Texas Avenue Makers Fair in downtown Shreveport.
The city hosts the festival twice a year and it is always fun!
Between the buildings of a by-gone era, 
an eclectic group of artists from all over set up to show their wares.  
Booths are filled with a wide assortment of re-purposed or reconstructed items
                                        like these handmade crosses adorned with vintage jewelry 
                 and newer things with a Louisiana flair
like Blair Knicely Nefsky's (of Three Sisters Gallery) paintings
and this gorgeous fleur de lis pillow.
made by the same artist who created these.
 Homemade soaps are always a favorite from tangerine patchouli to citrus lavender, I love them all!!!  I picked up a bag full from Naturally Jazzy Creations.  She was offering the big bars for a great price...3/$12 and the little sample size for almost nothing.  The hardest part of my morning today was deciding which one to try first:)
 It wouldn't be a Louisiana shindig without food.
I passed by the gumbos, cakes, candies,
and went with (what I hope is a healthier option)
this homemade granola from Aiden's Place... delicious!
As I stay up too late blogging and reflecting on the weekend, I feel like I had a real adventure.
There is something about open-air markets, music, and food
that makes Springtime fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment