Saturday, July 16, 2011

Fabulous Fonts

I have always had an affinity for vintage letters.  I don't know what it is about them that is so appealing to me, maybe the soft shapes of lower case font or crisp clean lines of the capital signs mixed with the soft patina that is achieved only through time.  One of my favorite design families, the Novagratz's, who are premiering on HGTV tonight, use lettering frequently.  For inspiration and celebration of their new show, I have included favorite images below. I am off to see if I can find some of these beauties for myself:)
To select well among old things, is almost equal to inventing new ones
~ Nicholas Charles Trublet
Image from: Design is Mine
Image from: Design is Mine
Image from: Design is Mine
Image from New York Social
Image from: Elle Decor
Image from: sfgirlbybay

No comments:

Post a Comment